January is a month of change and new beginnings. This is why making resolutions is so popular during this time of year. While traditional resolutions involve personal goals like losing weight or travelling more often, they don’t have to be confined to the individual. You can also set meaningful resolutions for your business. After all, a resolution is a decision and commitment to do something differently in order to bring about positive results.
So, if you’re looking to boost business success in 2019, here are five simple changes or resolutions we suggest you make:
- Manage your cash flow more effectivelyIf your business experienced significant financial problems last year, then this is the perfect resolution for you. Learning to manage your cash flow effectively will not only help you make the most of what you earn, but also allow you to cash flow issues last year, then this is the perfect resolution for you.Start by going over your financial statements for the past 12 months. Identify what caused your money problems and come up with cash flow management strategies to help you avoid those mistakes in the future.
- Adjust your goals to match your clients’ goalsIt’s more than likely that your customers are also engaging in their own transformations for the new year. To make sure your business does not get left behind and remains top of mind, you need to align your company objectives with the goals your clients are pursuing. Conduct a thorough market research to determine the changes in your customers’ aspirations and preferences. Then, use this data to create marketing strategies that will match those changes. This will help your company become a go-to part of their 2019 goals.
- Learn to delegate tasksAs a business owner, it’s normal for you to feel like you have so much work to do and yet so little time to do it all. But if you end up with more unfinished tasks than completed ones, then you definitely need to make a change. It’s time you started bringing in other people to pick up the slack.Make 2019 the year maximise productivity by delegating tasks more effectively. This involves assigning the right tasks to the right staff members—those who have ample skills and experience for a particular job. This also involves knowing which tasks are better off outsourced to third party professionals.Debt collection, for instance, is a time-consuming task that is often outsourced. By hiring a professional debt collection agency like Slater Byrne Recoveries to take care of your outstanding accounts, you can save resources and focus on other essential business processes.
- Improve your digital presenceIf it’s been years since you updated your company website or if you haven’t taken any steps lately to make your online presence more mobile-friendly, this resolution is perfect for you. The internet is how consumers find the information, products, and services they need. So, if you are not online, then your customers might not be able to find you.No matter what industry you are in, digital and online strategies should be part of your marketing plan for 2019. This means doing everything from creating an email list to updating your social media accounts.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trendsAside from improving your online/digital presence, it’s also a good idea to watch out for new trends and technological developments that might affect your industry. Conduct an evaluation of your market and relevant tangential markets so you can identify any industry changes in 2019 that you might need to prepare for. This will not only help you stay ahead of the curve, but also allow you to maximise chances for success. Here are some early 2019 business trends you can check out.
Making sure your business gets off to a great start in the new year can be a hefty challenge. But with detailed planning, critical thinking, and strong dedication, you can set a realistic course for success and be prepared for any hurdles you might face throughout the year.