Lodging a debt with Slater Byrne Recoveries is as easy as 1-2-3. Go to the website and click the Start Collecting Now button, fill out the form, and press Submit. That’s it!
But if you’re still confused, here’s a short step-by-step video we prepared to help you get your debt collection started!
Slater Byrne Recoveries Debt Collection Process
After you have lodged a debt with us, an accounts manager will send you an email for you to sign the appointment of a commercial agent form. We endeavour to collect the debts within 21 days or 3 weeks.
Here’s a brief run through of our typical debt collection process:
- Day 1 – We send out a “soft” letter advising the debtor that we have been engaged as debt collector and giving them 7 days for payment.
- Day 8 – We send a Reminder Notice advising legal action will be an option for our client should we not receive payment. We then give seven days for payment. Oftentimes, we skip this step at the request of our clients.
- Day 15 – We send a Notice of Impending Legal Action with a warning that we can now lodge a Credit Default.
We make phone calls/send text messages during the 15-day period to try and contact the debtor to reiterate what are stated in the letters. Any payment arrangement or settlement offer made by the debtor will be referred to you for you to accept or reject or counter.
Here are some important points about us:
- We are success & performance based – if we do not collect, we don’t charge a commission – we do not have any ongoing fees or contracts.
- You will be appointed a personal Account Manager who will communicate every stage of your collection process and the result attained.
To chase the debt, we would require any invoices, contracts and any other documentation you may have relating to the debt.
If, at the end of the process, we have not recovered the debt, we advise you on the legal options available to you at that time. You are under no obligations to proceed.
We are a commission-based debt collection agency with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne. We can collect debts for overseas companies as long as the debtors are located in Australia.
Liam White joined the Slater Byrne Recoveries team in early 2013. He has worked across the credit & dispute resolution industry for a number of years. He is currently National Head of Sales at Slater Byrne Recoveries.